As most of you know, I co-founded a website called Ottawa Valley Moms. We used to do a regular OVM show in which we showed crafts, recipes and more on a regular basis. On one of the episodes of the show, I made an Easter-inspired chocolate bark. You can watch it here and the recipe and instructions follow!
What You’ll Need:
- White chocolate chips (2 bags)
- Easter-inspired M&Ms (1 bag)
- Pot or double-boiler
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Lay wax paper out over your baking sheet
- Put your pot on your stove on low heat
- Stir your chocolate until fully melted – stir often so the chocolate doesn’t burn
- Add M&Ms (about 3/4 of the bag) to the pot of melted chocolate and stir
- Spoon out onto your baking sheet lined with wax paper
- Smooth out with your spatula so that it covers the surface area
- Add the remaining 1/4 of the M&Ms to the surface of the chocolate mixture
- Put in fridge for a few hours
- Once it hardens, break up into pieces
You can serve it as is or put it in cellophane as a gift or even put it into a fancy basket! Either way, it’s a quick and easy treat and a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen!
Have you made bark before? What is your favourite way to make it?