When Willow and I found out that Dessertfest was happening here in Ottawa on June 11th and 12th, we knew that (a) we were going and (b) we needed to start priming our bloodstream for the ultimate cheat day. (Be sure to check out Dessertfest and get tickets, by the way! It’s going to be an INCREDIBLE event and will feature some of the best desserts you can find in Ottawa… Yum!)
To get ready, we decided to make one of my favourite, no-bake recipes: chocolate bark. Since Willow LOVES all things rainbow-related, I decided to put a spin on it and make unicorn bark – colourful and full of sprinkles and sparkles.
It’s super easy to make and I used no measurements when purchasing or melting the chocolate. I just went with what seemed like a good amount. Here’s how we made it:
What you’ll need:
- 1 or 2lbs of mixed chocolate wafers
- Other adornments as you desire
How you make it:
- Start by melting the chocolate wafers in the microwave. I did each colour separately and let it cook for about 30-45 seconds but checked it and stirred it throughout. Sometimes it needed a bit more time and sometimes that was enough. The goal is to get melted chocolate without burning it.
- I laid the white chocolate down on a wax-paper covered pan first and spread it out. Then, I took a spoon and drizzled the other colours throughout.
- Once the chocolate was on the pan, we then decorated it with the remaining ingredients.
- I popped it in the freezer for a few hours and once it was set, I broke it up into pieces.